BHS Friend benefits
As part of your membership, you will get:
- The satisfaction of knowing you're supporting the charitable work of the BHS across horse care, access, education, and safety for every horse, rider and carriage driver.
- Public liability insurance up to £30 million.*
- Personal accident insurance up to £10,000.*
- A free 24/7 legal helpline giving including legal, VAT and tax queries.*
- Expert advice on a wide range of equestrian matters, from stable safety to equine nutrition.
- Access to our Horse Sale Agreement Service.
- Subscription to British Horse magazine worth £18 a year.
- Free and discounted tickets to leading equestrian shows through the year, at least equivalent to the value of your membership.
- Regular E-news to keep you up to date with key equestrian issues and equestrian events in your area.
- Being part of an equestrian community with over 118,000 members and many local activities and events to enjoy.
- Access to our world-leading BHS Career Pathways.
Annual direct debit
£5 discount for the first year
Monthly direct debit
Annual one-off payment
We are offering a £5 discount to new members that join via Annual Direct Debit. Please note this is only offered to new members on the first year of membership.
Join us today
BHS Friend membership gives a huge range of benefits to help you enjoy your life with horses. But more than that, membership is vital for helping us raise funds needed to improve access, safety, welfare and education for all.
Our impact in numbers
94 pence in every pound raised by the BHS spent on delivering our charitable objectives
We react to over 6,000 threats to equestrian access
Children and young people have been supported through the Changing Lives Through Horses programme across the UK.
We respond to over 10,000 incoming calls and emails about welfare concerns
How your membership can help horses
Your membership is vital for helping us raise the funds needed to improve access, safety, welfare and education for all.
- Our caring team of experts and volunteers promote good care and prevent cruelty to hundreds of horses every year.
- Each year we campaign and protect hundreds of kilometres of local off-road equestrian routes that are threatened.
- Our dedicated team work tirelessly to make the world a safer place for horses, riders and carriage drivers.
Other membership options
We offer a range of membership options to suit every horse lover. All of our membership options support our charitable work and help us in our quest to create a better life for all horses and those who care for them.
Read the frequently asked questions about our BHS membership insurance, including information about making a claim and what is covered.
Why do you need insurance?
Accidents are never pleasant to dwell on, but they are a fact of life for all of us. Even if we take every possible precaution, we can’t prevent the unexpected happening, so insurance is important to protect ourselves.
If you have any questions about membership with the BHS, they may have been asked before. If your question hasn't been answered either here, or in our Insurance FAQs, get in touch with our team.
Get in touch with us
To speak to our team about membership, please call us on 02476 840506, email us at email@example.com or complete our online enquiry form and one of our team will get back to you shortly. Opening times are 8:35am-5pm from Monday to Thursday and 8:35am-3pm on Friday.
The British Horse Society is an Appointed Representative of SEIB Insurance Brokers Ltd, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.