Anyone who owns, rides or looks after a horse is strongly advised to carry public liability insurance cover, because they may be legally liable to pay compensation for any damage or injury caused by their horse. Personal injury compensation claims can sometimes run into the millions, meaning that anyone who is uninsured risks losing their home and any other assets.
Horse riding public liability insurance
Up to £30 million*
BHS public liability insurance provides cover for any third-party injury or property damage that arises out of your legal liability or negligence as an owner, rider or keeper of horses for recreational purposes. Professional equestrian activities and some high-risk recreational activities are not covered, and you can find further details in the policy documents below.
Personal accident insurance
Up to £10,000*
BHS Gold membership cover provides Personal Accident cover for the member for accidental death, loss of limb or sight and permanent total disablement only. You can find further details in the policy documents below.
- Policy Wording
- Personal Accident Policy Schedule
- Insurance Product Information Document (Personal Accident)
All these documents should be read in conjunction with each other. Please contact the BHS membership team if you have any further queries.
If you joined or renewed your membership in 2022 please find your insurance information below.
*Terms, conditions and territorial limits apply
2022 Insurance Documents
- BHS Members Policy Schedule - Personal Liability
- BHS Members Personal Accident Schedule
- BHS Members Policy T&C's Booklet
- BHS Gold Member Key Facts
- Personal Accident Insurance Product information
- Personal Accident Policy Wording
- Public Liability Insurance Product Information
- Evidence of Public Liability Insurance