1. Only participants who have signed up to Ride Out UK as a Platinum Rider may take part in the competition.
2. The entrants will be required to raise donations through the Society’s Just Giving webpage, facebook or via hard copy paper donations.
3. For entrants under 18 years old, parental/guardian consent must be sought and should accompany the entrant to each event if successful. If parental/guardian consent is absent or found to be fraudulent in any way the offer will be withdrawn.
4. The promotion will run from May 1 – 31 October 2019. The closing date for all entries will be 31 October. The winner will be contacted by 5 November 2019.
5. The winner will be notified by telephone or email. If there is no telephone number or email address provided, the entry will be withdrawn. If we do not receive confirmation from the winner within 5 working days the entry will be invalid and a new entry form will be drawn. The process will be repeated for a further 3 times. After this point the offer will be withdrawn.
6. Entry to take part is free.
7. The voucher awarded may not be transferred or redeemed for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
8. The two winners who raise the most donations (subject to raising a minimum of £250 per person) will be selected.
9. The decision of the promoter in any dispute is final.
10. The offer is subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice.
11. The offer is open to Platinum Riders only, who are taking part in Ride Out UK, except employees of The British Horse Society, their families, agents and agencies and anyone else professionally connected with this offer who are all precluded from participation. For entrants younger than 18 years old, parental/guardian consent must be sought. If parental/guardian consent is absent or found to be fraudulent in any way the offer will be withdrawn.
12. Entry into the prize draw is deemed to signify acceptance of the rules.
13. Full details of the prize will be supplied to the winner following notification.
14. The promoter reserves the right to amend, alter, or terminate any offers at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
15. The promoter reserves the right to exclude any customer submissions which it considers fraudulent or based on misconduct.
16. All riders must have public liability insurance, valid on the day of the event. BHS Gold Membership includes up to £30 million public liability insurance cover.
17. The decision of the promoter in any dispute is final.
18. Details of how to enter form part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the participant agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Promoter: The British Horse Society, Abbey Park, Stareton, Kenilworth, Warwickshire CV8 2XZ. Company Registration No. 444742. The British Horse Society is a Registered Charity Nos. 210504 and SC038516.
19. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner agrees to the use of their name and their photograph to co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity. The winner may be required to take part in reasonable commercial publicity.
20. By entering the competition you are giving permission for your fundraising story and photograph to be used in all and any media, including printed and electronic publications (including website, email and social media), presentations or promotional materials, in the advertising of the Society’s goods or services. You also grant the BHS permission to store electronic copies of the photograph(s) and/or video(s) for these purposes, in accordance with the British Horse Society’s data retention policy.
21. By entering this competition you agree that your personal details may be stored and otherwise processed by the Promoter for the purpose of administering the prize draw and in the event of being the winner of this prize draw for publicity purposes. Any such publicity may consist of publication of the winners’ names in the British Horse magazine, website and social media channels.
23. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue this prize draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control. The decision of the Promoter in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value to the prize listed above in the event the original prize offered is no longer available for reasons outside the Promoters reasonable control. In all cases, the Promoters decision is final.
25. The promoter reserves the right to exclude any customer submissions which it considers fraudulent or based on misconduct.
26. The Promoter and its agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion.
27. The winner may be required to take part in reasonable commercial publicity.
28. Entrants must comply with the General Terms and Conditions.