Raising money to protect and extend safe places to ride and carriage drive off-road
The Rideathon Adventure is part of the BHS Ride Out UK fundraising campaign, aimed to celebrate the joys of riding out in our beautiful countryside. Every penny you raise will go towards the BHS Ride Out Fund, helping to keep riders off the roads, and restoring multi-user routes that can be enjoyed by everyone.
Rideathon runs from 1 May to 31 October - but you can join the adventure at any time.
1. Sign up to the Rideathon Adventure.
2. Pledge a target to fundraise for the BHS – from £50 to £1,000 or more.
3. Set a distance to aim for across the adventure - 100 to 1,000 miles.
4. Start a fundraising page! Join our event on Just Giving.
5. Saddle up and start your adventure!
Why take on the Rideathon Adventure?
- Be a part of something great – fundraise for the BHS
- Get outside and enjoy the beautiful sights across the UK
- Spending time with horses is great for your mental health and well-being
- Motivation! Set a target for a distance you’d like to cover, or somewhere you’d like to ride!
- Join the Rideathon Adventure Facebook community – share your adventures with others
- You’ve got to be in it to win it – with a range of prizes up for grabs.
Who can take part in the Rideathon Adventure?
Rideathon is for everyone; whether you’re hacking, riding off-road, on a pleasure ride or even walking and cycling, you can raise money while taking advantage of everything the UK’s idyllic countryside has to offer.
No horse? No problem! Tie your laces and explore on foot or plan a bike ride and see new sights. Why not book a ride with a BHS Approved Riding Centre?
The Ride Out Fund
The BHS Ride Out Fund provides funding for projects which open and/or enable safe off-road equestrian access throughout the UK. The commitment to access for horses, riders and carriage drivers is a vital part of the charitable work carried out by The British Horse Society.
The BHS recognises the importance of safe off-road riding, not only for our members but for all equestrians. We pledge to keep equestrians safe, horses happy, and support the continued growth of our sport and the equine industry.
Ride Out UK is proudly supported by Horse & Country. Read about why H&C are backing Ride Out UK from their CEO Heather Killen here.