- A good organiser, good at listening and taking notes?
- Great with people, helping them connect and work together?
- A great written communicator, good at finding just the right thing to say or communicating a big idea simply?
In many cases Secretaries (Administrators) are the heart of a local committee. They help the committee to stay connected and informed between meetings, they take and share the minutes and action points of the meetings and introduce new members to the team. Secretaries usually organise and set up committee meetings. You will need to take responsibility for following our policies and data protection guidance to keep the information you hold about the other volunteer team/committee members secure.
You will need
- To be a good administrator and organiser
- To have access to a computer with internet access and a telephone
- To be confident in using Microsoft Word and have the ability to produce accurate, typed minutes within a couple of weeks of each meeting.
- Time to organise, set up and attend each committee meeting (at least four a year) and check your email regularly to ensure the committee stays connected and well informed
- To take responsibility for following our policies and data protection guidance to keep the information you hold about the committee secure
- Channel Islands
- Dumfries & Galloway
- East Yorkshire
- Highland North
- Highland South
- Isle of Wight
- North East Wales
- North East Yorkshire
- North Lincolnshire
- North West Wales
- Northern Ireland
- Republic of Ireland
- South West Wales
Interested in becoming a BHS volunteer?
If you want to join our growing volunteers community and help to make a difference to horses and equestrians in your local area, please submit an your details via our application by following the link below: