The Eat Out to Help Out scheme has been launched as part of the Government’s package of support to businesses. If your riding school runs a cafeteria you may be able to benefit.
If you run a cafeteria or eatery connected with your business (ie retailers with in-store café’s or other businesses with a staff canteen) you may be able to use the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme to offer a discount to diners and encourage them to eat at your food outlet.
You can use the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme:
- all day, every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3 to 31 August 2020
- to offer a 50% discount, up to a maximum of £10 per person, to diners for food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in
- to claim the money back from the government
There is no limit to the number of times customers can use the offer during the period of the scheme. Your customers cannot get a discount for someone who is not eating or drinking.
Alcohol and service charges are excluded from the offer.
Registrations open on 13 July and will close on 31 August. You will be able to claim from 7 August until 30 September.
Who can register
You can register if your establishment:
- sells food for immediate consumption on the premises
- provides its own dining area or shares a dining area with another establishment for eat-in meals
- was registered as a food business with the relevant local authority on or before 7 July
You cannot register:
an establishment that only offers takeaway food or drink
mobile food vans or trailers – if you read the attached note carefully though if you have a van outside and put seating outside that is placed on land that is owned by your store, then you may still be eligible to apply.
Further information can be found on the Government's website.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVICE & INFORMATION FOR EQUESTRIANS
Please read our information and advice for horse owners and business owners during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak
WE NEED YOUR HELP MORE THAN EVER
Coronavirus is threatening our riding centres, meaning thousands of horses face an uncertain future. Please consider donating to our Coronavirus (COVID-19) appeal to help support our riding centres and the incredible horses that live in them.
Text HORSE to 70507 to give £5, or you can donate online here.