Full Time Permanent Position - 35 hours per week
Circa Starting Salary £22,000 pa
Located in Stoneleigh, Warwickshire – (Agile working arrangements available)
The British Horse Society is the nation’s largest equine charity with a passion for horses that is backed by knowledge and expertise. The BHS represents and provides a range of services for horse riders, horse owners, enthusiasts and professionals.
Our Home Team within the Society is made up of professionals who bring together a variety of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We celebrate the diversity of our people and place a high value on creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work. We work with agility, giving you autonomy to make decisions about where, when and how you work within a set of principles that are agreed within teams.
We are looking for a Welfare Helpline Coordinator, working within the Operations Team of the Horse Care & Welfare Team. You will contribute to its aim of preventing breaches of equine welfare by providing education and advice to horse owners and members of the public. You will liaise with BHS Welfare Advisers and external organisations when a welfare breach is apparent, to ensure legislation is adhered to.
You will be the first point of contact for telephone and email enquiries from the public asking for advice and provide excellent responses and customer service in responding to queries. You will also receive welfare concerns from members of the public and ensure that these are allocated to Welfare Advisers as appropriate. You will assist in the delivery of Healthcare and Education Clinics throughout the UK, the euthanasia scheme “Friends at the End” and maintain regular communication with Welfare Advisers including updates, annual appraisal calls and CPD/training opportunities. You will produce a Welfare Adviser newsletter and develop and maintain links with the Welfare Advisers of other charities to promote our vital work. You will also assist the Welfare Education Coordinator in the production of social media posts on behalf of the Horse Care & Welfare Team, and liaise with our Communications Team with regards to our Horse Care & Welfare Team website pages and keeping them refreshed and updated.
Key skills needed for this exciting role:
• Graduate calibre with exceptionally strong equine knowledge (equivalent to at least BHS Stage 3 Care)
• Excellent customer service attitude
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated
• Outstanding team-working skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Confident using MS Office and customer databases
• Flexible attitude to travelling around the UK and to undertake occasional weekend and evening work
What will you get in return?
• Annual Leave: 23 days + plus bank holidays (increasing to 25 days after 2 years’ service)
• Pension: Automatic entry at 4% into our scheme after 3-month deferral period, contributions matched up to 5%
• Health Benefits: health cash plan, life assurance at 4 x salary, yearly flu jab
• Wellbeing Support: ‘Everymind at Work’ mental health and wellbeing app and quarterly webinars, opportunities to participate in range of engagement activities such as our book and gardening clubs, ‘Put the Kettle On’ informal virtual chats and our annual Funuary activities!
• Training and Development: Access to a range of formal and informal development opportunities, including BHS Wise (our e-learning platform), our ‘A Day in Your Shoes’ cross-departmental work shadowing scheme and ‘C-Me’ communication workshops.
The British Horse Society is committed to achieving equity for all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better organisational outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all employees.
We therefore strongly encourage suitably experienced people from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.”
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position, and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.
Download the job description here.
Apply via our website please provide a covering letter (including your salary expectations) and CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience and send along with your application to email@example.com.
Please note: we will be speaking to and interviewing candidates throughout the advertised period; to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Closing Date for applications: 10 May 2022