Newbury Charity Race
Think you’re the next Bryony Frost? Take up the reins on 7 November for a charity race of a lifetime at Berkshire’s Newbury Racecourse
We’re looking for 10 keen riders to take part in a one mile flat race at Newbury. You’ll have a target of £2,500 to raise for a BHS charity campaign of your choice.
Make no mistake, with the crowd behind you and your race horse chomping at the bit this will be one the most remarkable and exhilarating experiences.
Training for the race entails a considerable amount of hard work and dedication, but so more than worth it!
Jockey Rhys Glastonbury said “It's been an absolute whirlwind since the race and I want to say thank you so much for an incredible experience. The whole process was fantastic from the training and assessment day at the BRS Newmarket, the familiarisation day at Newbury with Colin and of course the race and race day itself. My family has had some great days out racing and we've been fortunate enough to have owned a few winners, but I think the day at Newbury has been one of the best yet”.
- You will need a thoroughbred horse that is in training with a registered trainer or a Point to Pointer.
- 4 year olds and upwards who have run at least twice under the recognised Rules of Racing
- All horses to be rated: 0-125 for hurdlers/steeplechasers 0-80 for flat horses Point-to-pointers can also run subject to individual clearance
- All horses to be vaccinated in accordance with Rule E18/19 of The Rules of Racing
- Unlicensed riders without previous recent race riding experience must attend an assessment day at the British Racing School or Northern Racing College.
- You will have the unique opportunity to ride one of the ex-race horses currently residing at the BRS
- During the training you will be filmed and photographed on the gallops to assess your style and competence.
- Maximum weight 11 stone 7 lbs including kit
- Riders are responsible for finding their own horses
- Fundraise a minimum £2,500 to help the vital work of The British Horse Society