Charity Race Days
- Wetherby Racecourse, West Yorkshire on 29th October 2021
- Newbury Racecourse, Berkshire on 4th November 2021
Enjoy the thrill of a lifetime by heading to the starting line at Newbury or Wetherby Racecourse. We're looking for aspiring jockeys to compete in either of these unforgettable, mile on the flat races, in aid of The British Horse Society.
Isabella Budge, Newbury Charity Race 2019
I don't know when I last travelled that fast, it was over in a flash! It was just an unbelievable, unforgettable day. I'm on cloud nine and I don't think I'm coming down anytime soon!
- Unlicensed riders without previous recent race riding experience must attend an assessment day at the British Racing School or Northern Racing College.
- Riders are responsible for finding their own horses
- You will have the unique opportunity to ride one of the ex-race horses currently residing at the BRS
- During the training you will be filmed and photographed on the gallops to assess your style and competence
- Maximum weight: 11 stone including kit (Riders putting up overweight will need to pay an extra £10 per pound which will be donated to The British Horse Society)
- You will need a horse that is in training with a registered trainer or a Point to Pointer.
- 4 year olds and upwards who have run at least twice under the recognised Rules of Racing
- All horses to be rated: 0-125 for hurdlers/steeplechasers 0-80 for flat horses Point-to-pointers can also run subject to individual clearance
- All horses to be vaccinated in accordance with Rule E18/19 of the Rules of Racing
Each rider is requested to raise a minimum of £2500 sponsorship in aid of The British Horse Society.
Applications for the race jockeys are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied and took interest.