How to book
Have a go at .... Carriage Driving
Treat yourself (or a group of up to four) to an introduction to carriage driving at the Bennington Carriages Driving Academy which is a purpose built facility set in ten acres of Nottinghamshire countryside and offers an extensive range of facilities and training.
The Academy is also the home of a showroom where an extensive range of carriages and accessories are always on display.
Book early as there are only 2 x two hour sessions available for either a individual private lesson or fun group activity for up to four friends or family members. The full cost of one two hour private session is £170 in total, so you can either treat yourself to some individual tuition or spread the cost among the group.
The session will include:
- Harnessing up and putting to the Bennington resident plastic horse in the showroom
- Have a go on the rein machine in the showroom
- Go outside and harness up and put to 'Fudge' the 14.2 hh pony
- Drive both in the indoor school and then round the training field
- Back in the indoor school and take Fudge out the carriage
- This will give the individual or group approximately 40 mins total driving time
Hard hats meeting current standards must be worn whist carriage driving
As only two sessions available, so do book early to avoid disappointment
10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm:
At check out you will be asked to confirm you are happy with T's & C's and give your consent for your photographs and video footage to be used by The British Horse Society in printed, online or electronic publications, which may be shared publicly. Examples of these materials include, but are not limited to: posters, leaflets, brochures, adverts, emails, e-newsletters, blogs, web pages, social media posts, presentations, speeches, research or policy reports and press releases or other materials.