How to book
Booking and Information
If you like tack shops you'll love this!!
This fun and informative day for professionals and enthusiasts alike, also counts as 6 CPD points for BHS APC's and will take place at Harley Equestrian - a well-stocked tack treasure trove in the Northamptonshire countryside.
Aims of the day:
- Review what’s new in the world of tack
- Review different types of bridles, bits and their uses
- Discuss different types of saddle with Harley Equestrian's Master saddle fitter, suitability for the horse & rider and type of work undertaken
- Consider the welfare implications of tack and its use
- This day will be informative and interactive
- There will be a hands on approach with plenty of opportunity to share thoughts and views
- Open discussion to provide network opportunity
09:30-10:00am REGISTRATION & Coffee/Tea & Biscuits on arrival in the café.
10:00-12:00 Fitting and use of bridles to include: different leathers and types of bridle, padded head pieces and broader pressure points. Nosebands, drop, flash, grackle and cavesson. Various bits, different reins, double bridles, fitting and nosebands. Welfare concerns.
12:00-1:00pm LUNCH can be purchased in the café - or bring a packed lunch.
Loose group discussion over lunch to include acceptable tack for dressage and Pony Club suitable tack. Safety when tacking up.
1:00-03:30pm We will be joined by one of Harley Equestrian's professional saddle fitters for the session on saddle fit and use for various activities to include the needs of the rider. Modern girthing thoughts, pressure points, welfare and fit. Stirrup irons – rider fit, safety; martingales, breastplates etc. The use of boots and bandages, hat and body protector fitting ...... and anything else you would like to discuss!
03:30-04:00pm Debrief / Q&A and shopping time in the tack shop and lifestyle shop.
Times are for guidance and may be subject to change on the day.
Please arrive at 9.30am for coffee and biscuits and ready for a 10am start.
Contact number on the day: Sally Andrews - BHS Regional Manager East Midlands: 07881 956459
£45 APC's / £50 all others
If the event is cancelled by the organiser, then full refunds will be issued. Tickets cancelled by the attendee will be refunded providing they can be resold.
Harley Equestrian, Dairy Farm, Eydon Road, Woodford Halse, NN11 3RG