Advice for equestrians in England during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak
Please note, while the guidance is current at the point of publication, it may quickly be superseded following further government updates, or changes to the situation. Please bear with us while we make these changes.
England - National Lockdown 4 January 2021:
England is now under a National Lockdown and there are new restrictions in place which will impact on horse owners and our riding schools. We understand how worrying this new lockdown will be for everyone but please be assured that the BHS will be providing support and guidance as it becomes available.
- During the lockdown riding schools must close for public lessons and activities
- Arena hire is not permitted, however arenas can be used for exercising horses which are stabled at the venue, livery yard or riding school
- Horse owners, loaners and sharers can continue to travel to care for and exercise their horse when it is not kept at home
- Livery yards can continue to allow horse owners, loaners or sharers to care for and exercise their horse
- Horse riding can continue although all organised activities and competitions will be required to stop
- Essential visits for the welfare of horses e.g. farrier, vet and physio can continue
Further details for riding schools, horse owners and coaches will be updated on the website as they become available. The BHS Welfare helpline is also available to offer help and support during the Coronavirus pandemic and can be accessed by calling 02476 840517. (If you are an APC please call 02476 840565 or an Approved Centre please call 02476 840509).
Isle of Man - Circuit-break Lockdown 7 January 2021:
Information about the current situation and regulations in the Isle of Man during the 3 week circuit-break lockdown from 7 January can be found here.
The latest guidance for:
Useful resources for Professionals
The BHS Helpline
The BHS Welfare Helpline is here to offer you advice and support with any questions or concerns you may have.
We are here for all our members and supporters and we have extended our working hours to provide a Coronavirus Helpline during these difficult times to help answer your additional queries relating to Coronavirus lockdown.
Call us on 02476 840517
If you are an APC please call 02476 840565 or an Approved Centre please call 02476 840509
WE NEED YOUR HELP MORE THAN EVER
The Coronavirus crisis is far from over. We have been able to make a difference, but there are so many more horses that need our support. Even with the lockdown easing, our riding schools are still struggling to pay the bills.
Text HORSE to 70507 to give £5, or you can donate online here.