You are here: Home > Our Work > Welfare & Care > Report A Welfare Concern > Report A Concern At A Riding Centre

Report A Welfare Concern At A Riding Centre

If you have a welfare concern for a horse(s) at a riding school, the relevant Local Authority should be notified. In order to operate, riding schools have to be inspected and issued a licence by the Local Authority as stipulated in the Riding Establishment Acts 1964 and 1970. Any breach of the terms of the licence will need to be investigated by the Local Authority. For this reason, the BHS Welfare Department are not able to respond to any concerns at riding schools. If the riding school is BHS Approved, the Approvals Department can be contacted on 02476 840509 to make a complaint. Before you begin a complaints procedure against a riding school, you should consult the BHS Complaints Procedure document.

Please wait while we complete your membership

Processing your details...