Technician – Equine Centre (BHS Stage 2 Care minimum)
£16,204 - £19,660 (includes 8 hours of contractual overtime per month) (pro rata if part-time)
Full and part-time applications considered.
Supervising students in their practical skills development and maintaining high standards in the care, husbandry and training of our horses. The role entails working a 5 out of 7 day flexible rota, including weekends.
Working with teaching and coaching staff the post holder will provide practical support, and supervision to students in practical subjects both on an individual and group basis, ensuring provision is learner focused, and that the learners’ experience is both positive and rewarding.
The post holder will also be responsible for aspects of administration, organisation, ensuring that the horses at the Equine Centre are kept at the standards in line with BHS best practise, carry out the day-to-day operation and activities associated with the Equine Centre as required by the Equine Centre Manager.
If applying on a part-time basis, please outline your preferred working pattern within your application. A minimum of 3 days is required which will include working to 8pm one evening and a weekend day per week.
On-site accommodation in a shared house with two other members of staff may be available. Approximate overall monthly cost excluding utility bills is c. £215 per month.
Closing Date: 27 July 2020
College Benefits include:
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on- site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
- Free Library membership
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
- Gym classes on the Sparsholt campus
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Application packs are available from:
24 hour recruitment line: 01962 797438