We have great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Practical Instructor in Equine to become a key member of our Animal Sciences department.
As a Practical Instructor in Equine, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing riding, practical and theory instruction to learners in an effective and innovative way, to ensure that students’ individual learning needs are met.
- Providing technical support in the equine yard and classroom areas.
- Participating in the routine care of horses maintaining high professional standards.
- Monitoring health, behaviour and welfare of all horses and keep appropriate records.
- Overseeing all practical areas across the programme area with responsibility for Health and Safety.
- Communicating effectively with a range of customers and service providers.
Our ideal candidates will have recent successful practical experience in the equine industry and knowledge of yard safety procedures and safe working practices, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 qualification in Horse Management or related specialism
- British Horse Society qualification; Stage 2 in Complete Horsemanship or UKCC Level 2.
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or
Willingness to achieve Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
Contract Type –Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
40 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
£21,000 per annum
25 days holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
The closing date for applications is 27 January 2020