Volunteering at The British Horse Society
Bringing horses and people together - Learning, Riding, Caring
If you want to help to make a difference in your local area and improve the lives of horses and the people who care for them – become a volunteer for The British Horse Society today.
The BHS supports more than 1000 volunteer to take positive local action, to champion our work in learning, riding and welfare and care.
Our BHS volunteers:
- attend over a thousand new welfare concerns each year
- campaign for the increased safety of riders and horses on our roads
- campaign for access to safe places to ride or carriage drive
- organising local events, shows and fundraising for the benefit of horses and riders in their local area.
Whether it’s for a couple of hours or a whole day, helping at a one-off event or supporting the BHS in your local area for many years – you will be helping us to make a difference to horses and the people who care about them.
As a BHS volunteer, you will:
- receive full training for your role and have opportunities for ongoing learning experiences
- meet like-minded local volunteers and make new friends
- learn new skills and enhance your CV
- receive ongoing support from our locally based BHS team in your region and from our central dedicated volunteer support team
You can find out information about our key volunteer roles here.
Submit an enquiry form
To enquire about volunteering at The British Horse Society, please download our Volunteer Enquiry & Registration Form:
If you've got any questions about volunteering, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02476 840479*.
*Calls may be recorded for monitoring purposes
Hear what our volunteers have to say
Read some of our great volunteer stories on the testimonials page
|Lancashire Volunteer, Anita, attending an event with the BHS stand.
|Two riders on our BHS Bedfordshire Committee's annual Keysoe Pleasure Ride