With more than 900 volunteers involved in our work it really is your Society, so if you want to help make a difference and be a part of the action - become a British Horse Society volunteer.
From donating a day to help on our show stands, to fundraising in your local area or becoming a BHS Volunteer Officer. Whatever your interests, experience or location we have an opportunity for you.
What's it like to volunteer for the BHS?
- Work on projects to protect, promote and extend off-road access for equestrian riders and carriage drivers
- Support horse owners during difficult times and help advise and support those who have just begun their equestrian journey
- Inform and build awareness for equestrian safety, not only on the roads near you but on your yard, on your local multi-user route, on Bonfire night and with all sorts of other challenges our horses and ponies are facing.
- Work in teams, often as part of a committee to raise awareness about the BHS, our work and our campaigns
- Put on events for members and the general public and support the equestrian community in their area to grow and learn, improving the lives of horses and ponies near you.
Whatever role you decide on, we'll provide you with support, training, resources and a volunteer network that will be there to help and guide you in your role. If want to get involved with your committee, but are not ready to take on a specialised role you can join as a committee member.
Thanks to our enthusiastic members and dedicated volunteers we are able to attend thousands of welfare cases each year, continue to campaign for rider’s rights, and raise awareness of diseases such as strangles. Read some of our great volunteer stories on the testimonials page.
You can become a Volunteer Officer to have the opportunity to make a lasting difference for horses and people in your area.
If you enjoy helping at events and shows you can join British Riding Clubs Volunteer Club. You will have an exciting opportunity to get involved in a range of roles at local and national championships, whether you have a desire to be a fence judge, show secretary or just fancy helping at events.
Or just find out more about what the BHS is doing in your area.
You can browse some of our current volunteer vacancies or fill in and send us your volunteer enquiry registration form to the email address below.
If you've got any questions about volunteering, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02476 840479*.
*Calls may be recorded for monitoring purposes