Due to the current crisis with Coronavirus (Covid-19) we have cancelled/postponed all of our calendar of events and gatherings until the end of June 2020.
Our regional teams and committees are in the process of advising everyone who has booked or indicated an interest of the cancellation.
Presented by BHS Assessor and Stage 5 coach, Kate Kerr.
The course is aimed at individuals who are working toward Stage Two Assessment. It is also suitable for Coaches who are preparing candidates for assessment as well as Coaches looking to further their work with groups and individual riders. The day is suitable for anyone working to develop their understanding or working with riders within groups or individually.
The emphasis is on basic coaching and identifying the needs of riders and horses within a riding school environment.
The course will aim to;
- Identify the basic role and responsibilities of a coach
- Outline the requirement of the Stage Two Teaching assessment
- Discuss ways of integrating flat work and jumping within a class lesson
- Consider poles and jumping exercises within a class lesson
- Measure and consider distances between poles and between fences
- Outline the benefit of lunge and lead rein lessons
- Discuss good practice and delivery when delivering lunge and lead rein lessons within a riding school environment
- Outline good practice when delivering practical stable management sessions
The day is planned to be informative and interactive with delegates having the opportunity discuss training and to take part in the practical sessions.
Cost £40 to include refreshments but please bring a packed lunch.
This day will count as CPD for BHS Coaches.