This training day has been postponed to 21 August 2020. All those who had booked on will receive an email (17/03/2020) offering them the choice to transfer to the new date or to receive a refund. Once we know how many places are available, we will reopen bookings for the new date.
Our thanks to Mary Frances and Moorcroft Racehorse Welfare Centre for accommodating the change of date.
This training day (which counts as CPD for BHS Accredited Professional Coaches) will be presented by Mary Frances, Moorcroft Racehorse Welfare Centre's Chief Executive and a Stage 4 Senior Coach. Learn how the team at Moorcroft retrain horses from the track to the point where they are ready for a new home.
Time: 9.30am - 4pm
- 9.30am Arrival and registration. Tea and coffee.
- 10am Introduction and Housekeeping
- 10.10am Long-reining Demonstration. A thorough in-depth explanation on how to long-rein, why to long-rein and what can be achieved, possibly with a chance to have a go for some of those interested if time allows
- 11.30am Young ex-racehorse – how we start them off
- 12pm A more retrained ex-racehorse – working the canter, starting lateral work
- 12.45pm Lunch
- 1.30pm Ridden demonstration working on the basic paces
- 2.15pm Feeding the thoroughbred – keeping it simple and close to nature
- 2.45pm Showing how to assess muscular and joint pain in horses with Kate Akers MVetPhys RAMP NAVP
- 3.15pm Tour of the centre and all the facilities explained with respect to their role in rehabilitation
- 3.45pm Questions and refreshments
*Please note start and finish times are set, timings may vary within that.
Download the poster (pdf)