Monday 18 October
The Scottish National Equestrian Centre, Oatridge, Ecclesmachan, West Lothian, EH52 6NH
This educational training day is for anyone looking to improve their riding or coaching with a view to taking the Stage Four Ride or Teach Assessment. Its content is aimed at anyone working towards the Stage Four Ride and Teach or booked to take it.
We will be using demo horses and riders for this day (please get in touch if you are interested). You will have the opportunity to coach during the sessions.
The day is also open as a standard setting day/CPD day for coaches who teach or sign off this level or Stage 3 students just wanting to come and see the Stage 4 level.
The day will aim to;
• Clearly cover the levels required for the Stage 4 Ride Assessment
• Advise riders of strengths and area’s to focus on for development and improvement
• Analyse different coaching methods
• Outline the requirement of the Stage 4 Teach assessment
• Explain factors which impact on coaching approaches
• Consider how to coach a rider on the lunge - the benefits, horse requirements, assessing rider strengths and areas for development
• Consider how to coach a dressage lesson up to elementary level - to improve rider and horse performance
• Consider how to coach riders over fences up to 1m and 1.10m - evaluating horse and rider strengths, ability, confidence and areas for development.
The day will count as CPD for Accredited Professional Coaches.
£30 BHS APCs / £40 general admission.