Date: TBC 2020
2019 Saddles Direct Quadrille of the Year Final Results (PDF)
2019 TopSpec Dressage to Music Championships Results
2019 TopSpec Pick A Test Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2019 TopSpec Elementary Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2019 TopSpec Pairs Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2019 TopSpec Senior Novice with Points Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2019 TopSpec Novice Pairs Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2019 TopSpec Senior Novice 0 Points Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2019 TopSpec Junior Prelim Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2019 TopSpec Junior Novice Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2019 Saddles Direct Quadrille Selection Trial Results (PDF)
Dressage to Music, kindly sponsored by
Saddles Direct Quadrille Selection Trial - Saturday 28 September 2019
Saddles Direct Quadrille of the Year Final 2019 - Saturday 9 November 2019
Kindly sponsored by
Dressage to Music
The Dressage to Music Championships offers a range of classes for both senior and junior members allowing competitors to ride from prelim up to our unique ‘pick your own’ class, which caters for those wishing to compete at medium and advanced medium level. The Dressage to Music Championships is a great opportunity to be creative and have fun in the dressage arena. We also have pairs classes at this championship. 2019 see's some direct entry classes added onto this championship, meaning they are non qualifying competitions - for details on these classes and eligibility requirements, please refer to the current BRC Handbook.
Competitor information slips can be downloaded here - please send them back completed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct entry classes are ones which do not require any qualification. Please see the current Handbook for details on eligibility requirements for these classes. Forms can be found below and need sending in with payment to BRC HQ. Please click on the relevant class below to download the Direct Entry Form.
All direct entry classes except for the Warm Ups are ‘pick a test’ classes. You may enter both sections if you are eligible. Please note that this means that both levels will be competing against each other for the overall places – they will not be split.
If you enjoy competing in dressage, why not try quadrille? The display is set to music with a team of four riders wearing themed costumes. The display should demonstrate horsemanship, but doesn’t necessarily have to be based on dressage movements. Entries for the Quadrille close on the 2nd of February in order to allow the teams enough time to choreograph their performance. The selection trial is held on 28 September 2019 at the British Riding Clubs Dressage to Music Championships. Four teams are selected to go through to the Championships.
Here are tips for forming a successful quadrille team:
- First of all, try to involve everyone within your club who would be willing to help, whether it be to ride, make costumes or provide music
- You will need four riders for the performance, but should also rehearse with two reserves in case a horse or rider is unable to perform
- One reserve should be able to perform with their own horse, while the other needs to be able to ride any of the horses if required
- At least one member of your team must be a British Dressage Music member
- Discuss how you are going to finance the project. It can become expensive; does the club cover costs or are you going to raise the funds yourselves?
- Next think of a theme; some themes may have been done before, but you may be able to bring a fresh new approach
- Look for music that will tie in with the theme, suit your horses and be easily recognised by the audience
- Now you can choreograph your performance. It will need to last no longer than five minutes and may include 60 seconds of entrance and exit music. Tests will be performed in a 20m x 60m arena and must be designed on the basis that the entrance is to be made at A.
- It can be helpful to have someone watch your performance to offer constructive criticism. You could even video your performance to see it from the audience’s perspective
- You will need help to design and sew costumes for humans and horses. Remember the riders and horses have to perform movements in them, so they must be comfortable and, above all, safe
- Get your horses used to hearing music as you ride, though not the music you intend to use for the performance. If you introduce your horse to the routine too early, it will begin to anticipate the next movement, which could spoil the performance
- You will provide a more interesting performance if you act. Don’t worry about feeling silly; it’s all part of the performance
- Props can be carried, but make sure you can ride effectively while carrying them. They should enhance your performance not distract the audience
- Marks are awarded for turnout (20), content of programme (20) and general artistic impression (60)
- You must include a script of up to 100 words describing your performance as part of your application. This will appear in the programme and be given to the officials for reference
To book stabling for the championships, please visit the online booking system. Once your booking account is created, it can be used for any future championship stabling bookings. Please note, stabling closes 21 days before the start of competition.
Hat Tagging and Body Protectors
All members are required to have their hats tagged before competing in any BRC qualifier or championship. For acceptable specifications, please see the Hat Standards Guidelines.
If you are interested in bringing a Trade Stand to this event, please get in contact with Meg Haase (email@example.com, 02476 840595)
2018 SEIB Quadrille of the Year Final Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Dressage to Music Championships Results
2018 TopSpec Pick A Test Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Elementary Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Pairs Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Veteran Horse 2 Dressage Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Veteran Rider 2 Dressage Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Senior Novice with Points Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Novice Pairs Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Senior Novice 0 Points Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Veteran Rider 1 Dressage Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Veteran Horse 1 Dressage Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Retrained Racehorse Dressage Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Junior Prelim Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2018 TopSpec Junior Novice Dressage to Music Results (PDF)
2018 SEIB Quadrille Selection Trial Results (PDF)