This advice and information is to help support horse owners and those who care for horses during the Covid-19 outbreak.
The Republic of Ireland has moved to Phase 3 from 29 June 2020.
Further information on measures in place can be read here
For equestrians this will mean:-
- You can travel anywhere in Ireland.
- Stay 2m away from others and observe all covid hygiene measures
Avoid crowds. Know the symptoms.
Face coverings are recommended for public transport, retail outlets, and other places where it is difficult to maintain social distancing.
- Indoor gatherings of up to 50 people when conducted in line with public health advice are permissible.
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 200 people when conducted in line with public health advice are permissible.
- Sporting activities may recommence, including: team leagues for adults and children, close contact sports, organised sporting spectator events and fixtures
The following may reopen:
- indoor gyms and exercise facilities
- yoga, pilates and dance studios
- sports clubs and public swimming pools
Note: All of the above are subject to the Phases 3 and 4 restrictions on numbers for public gatherings and other important public health advice.
Reopening businesses must take necessary measures to keep their customers safe. Businesses must adhere strictly to the Return to Work Safely Protocol.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVICE & INFORMATION FOR EQUESTRIANS
Please read our information and advice for horse owners and business owners during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak
WE NEED YOUR HELP MORE THAN EVER
Coronavirus is threatening our riding centres, meaning thousands of horses face an uncertain future. Please consider donating to our Coronavirus (COVID-19) appeal to help support our riding centres and the incredible horses that live in them.
Text HORSE to 70507 to give £5, or you can donate online here.