- Excited about the idea of organising and facilitating educational opportunities and events to local equestrians
- Passionate about the BHS and our education ethos?
- Enthusiastic about working as part of a team?
- Keen to fundraise for your local committee?
Our Education and Events Officers are an important element of the committee. They often have skills in event management or experience with the BHS Education Programme and will help the committee design and organise fun, interesting and educational events locally.
These roles are all about having fun, building the equestrian skills and knowledge of people in your area and getting people involved with horses and the BHS. You will be meeting lots of like-minded people, having new experiences and building your skills and knowledge. You will also have the satisfaction of knowing that your events are supporting the charitable aims of the BHS.
You will work with other committee members to ensure all events are safe and well organised. You will work with the Marketing and Communications Officer to help promote the events and attend to ensure they go off without a hitch.
You will need:
- An interest in developing your knowledge and skills in event management
- Access to a computer with internet access
- A basic knowledge of health and safety
- An interest in developing your equestrian network locally, helping you find venues for events and build relationships with possible speakers, Accredited Professional Coaches, presenters, volunteers and members.
- To take responsibility for following our guidance and policies, ensuring your events are safe and legal.
We are looking for Education and Events Officers in the following areas:
- North East Wales
- East Yorkshire
- North East Yorkshire
- West Yorkshire
- East Sussex
- South and East Kent
- South West Wales
- Greater Manchester
Take a look at the full Education and Events Officer Role Description to find out more about what is involved. If you would like to apply, complete and return a Volunteer Enquiry Form to email@example.com.