Full Time-35 hours per week (Working hours)
Circa Starting Salary: £19,000
Based at our Head Office close to Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire (agile working arrangements available)
The British Horse Society is the nation’s largest equine charity with a passion for horses that is backed by knowledge and expertise. The BHS represents and provides a range of services for horse riders, horse owners, enthusiasts and professionals.
Our Home Team within the Society is made up of professionals who bring together a variety of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We celebrate the diversity of our people and place a high value on creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work. We work with agility, giving you autonomy to make decisions about where, when and how you work within a set of principles that are agreed within teams.
We are looking for a team player to join our fast paced department, who will help us set the standards in equestrian education. We have helped hundreds of thousands of people to carve their equestrian career. BHS qualifications are well respected, internationally endorsed qualifications. We are looking for someone to join the Education Operations team to help support the smooth running of the department
Key skills needed for this exciting role:
- A high attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in customer service facing role
- Good work ethic and the ability to see a task through to completion
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and databases
- Be adaptable to work both within a team and individually
- Equestrian knowledge desirable
So, you’re interested?
Here’s some information on the role….
- Planning and delivery of courses including booking venues and presenters
- Ensuring that there are adequate courses meeting demand having liasied with Accredited Professional Coaches, Candidates, relevant BHS departments and BEF member bodies
- Dealing telephone and email enquiries
- Processing telephone and email applications
- Administering BHS assessments ensuring that quality assurance compliance with regulartory bodies is maintained
- Helping to maintain Accredited Professional Coach membership status to include, email reminders for membership renewal, reminders for upcoming course expiry dates and sign posting business support for coaches
- Taking payments in a secure and GDPR compliant manner
- Providing administrative support for the whole Education department
- Opening and distributing the post
- Inputting candidate results and posting out certificates
- Answering and responding to voicemails
- Assist the Education Team Manager and Department as required
What will you get in return?
- Annual Leave: 23 days + plus bank holidays (increasing to 25 days after 2 years’ service)
- Pension: Automatic entry at 4% into our scheme after 3-month deferral period, contributions matched up to 5%
- Health cash plan, life assurance at 4 x salary, yearly flu jab
- Wellbeing Support: ‘Everymind at Work’ mental health and wellbeing app and quarterly webinars, opportunities to participate in range of engagement activities such as our book and gardening clubs, ‘Put the Kettle On’ informal virtual chats and our annual Funuary activities!
- Training and Development: Access to a range of formal and informal development opportunities, including BHS Wise (our e-learning platform), our ‘A Day in Your Shoes’ cross-departmental work shadowing scheme and ‘C-Me’ communication workshops.
The British Horse Society is committed to achieving equity for all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better organisational outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all employees.
We therefore strongly encourage suitably experienced people from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.”
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position, and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.
To apply please provide a covering letter (including your salary expectations) and CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience and send along with your application to email@example.com.
Please note: we will be speaking to and interviewing candidates throughout the advertised period; to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Closing Date for applications: 7th July 2022