The Avon Centre is a horse and nature-based activities Centre in Henbury, Bristol. It has a strong social value ethos, and exists to give access to horses and the countryside to disabled and disadvantaged people. It has an RDA group and an Equine Facilitated Learning programme supported by a commercial riding club.
We are looking for someone who is both passionate about equine care and delivering an exceptional service to all of our clients who use the Centre.
The Stable Manager will be responsible for the everyday running of the yard along with a Primary teaching role for the Centre.
They will also liaise with the other Programme Managers on horse requirements to support all of our activities. They will play a key role in ensuring the Centre maintains an inclusive environment; providing a safe and happy space, where both our people and horses can thrive.
- BHS Stage 3 Complete Horsemanship qualification
- RDA Green coach and/or an EFL qualification, or a commitment to obtaining them
- A commitment to the ethos of the Avon Centre
- A keen interest in, or experience of working with horses and people in a therapeutic environment
- Experience in running a happy, positive stable yard, excellent attention to detail and a commitment to the highest standard of care for the horses
- A commitment to undertake further training where necessary
- Experience in the work of the RDA or in an Equine Assisted learning environment would be an advantage
Benefits: Livery and access to our facilities for your own horse
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week with evening and weekend work on a rota basis.
Pay: £24 - 26k per annum based on experience
Further information: theavoncentre.org.uk/work-with-us