Full Time Permanent Position - 35 hours per week
12 months Fixed Term Contract
Circa Starting Salary £28,000 pa
Located in Stoneleigh, Warwickshire – (Agile working arrangements available)
The British Horse Society is the nation’s largest equine charity with a passion for horses that is backed by knowledge and expertise. The BHS represents and provides a range of services for horse riders, horse owners, enthusiasts and professionals.
Our Home Team within the Society is made up of professionals who bring together a variety of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We celebrate the diversity of our people and place a high value on creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work. We work with agility, giving you autonomy to make decisions about where, when and how you work within a set of principles that are agreed within teams.
We are delighted to be looking for a team manager to cover maternity, who will help us set the standards in equestrian education. We have helped hundreds of thousands of people to carve their equestrian career. BHS qualifications are well respected, internationally endorsed qualifications. We are looking for someone to join the Education Operations team to help manage the smooth running of the department.
Key skills needed for this exciting role:
• Management experience
• High attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in customer service facing role
• Experience in managing and training staff
• Good work ethic and the ability to see a task through to completion
• Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office and databases
• Be adaptable to work both within a team and individually
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure with the flexibility to prioritse work load and meet deadlines
• Excellent organisational skills
• Knowledge of BHS Education System
• Equestrian knowledge desirable
So, you’re interested? Here’s some information on the role….
• Manage a small team of administrators
• Oversee the process of the operations administrator team
• Ensure payments are taken in a secure and GDPR compliant manner
• Ensure GDPR statements are up to date and policies have been reviewed at the appropriate time
• Attends inter departmental meetings as the education operations representative
• Manage Education Operations budget
• Create and report on monthly statistics for the Education Department
• Write monthly departmental reports
• Providing statistics for external education providers
• Manage and report on phone calls
• Liaise with external companies for stock ordering, services provided and ensure relevant contracts are in place
• Register candidates to our awarding body BHSQ
• Manage, recruit, liaise with our small team of translators for BHS assessments
• Approve purchase orders raised by administrator team and sort out invoicing queries
• Manage and administrate the Career Transition Fund
• Manage the team of Ride Safe Advisors and hold regular meetings, set agendas and support with ongoing issues/ feedback
• Support the Head of Education Operations as required
What will you get in return?
• Annual Leave: 23 days + plus bank holidays (increasing to 25 days after 2 years’ service)
• Pension: Automatic entry at 4% into our scheme after 3-month deferral period, contributions matched up to 5%
• Health Benefits: health cash plan, life assurance at 4 x salary, yearly flu jab
• Wellbeing Support: ‘Everymind at Work’ mental health and wellbeing app and quarterly webinars, opportunities to participate in range of engagement activities such as our book and gardening clubs, ‘Put the Kettle On’ informal virtual chats and our annual Funuary activities!
• Training and Development: Access to a range of formal and informal development opportunities, including BHS Wise (our e-learning platform), our ‘A Day in Your Shoes’ cross-departmental work shadowing scheme and ‘C-Me’ communication workshops.
The British Horse Society is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better organisational outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all employees.
We therefore strongly encourage suitably experienced people from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.”
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position, and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.
Download the job description here.
Apply via our website please provide a covering letter (including your salary expectations) and CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience and send along with your application to email@example.com.
Please note: we will be speaking to and interviewing candidates throughout the advertised period; to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Closing Date for applications: 10 May 2022