The post holder will have responsibility for day-to-day operation of the riding provision, including planning of the overall riding programme to fit within the City and Guilds assessment framework. The role involves coaching in all three disciplines, across a variety of riding levels, as well as delivering practical and theory sessions at the Equine Centre. You will work closely alongside the Equine Centre Manager and the Equine Curriculum Lead, to plan, deliver and assess sessions, as well as working with the coaching team to ensure all students achieve not only their course requirements but also a BHS qualification upon completion of their course.
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum BHS Stage 3 Coach or above, or have relevant industry experience
- Experience of coaching at a range of levels.
- Experience of co-ordinating a team of coaches
- Experience using Microsoft Office
The working pattern will be Monday to Thursday 8.30 am – 5.00 pm and Friday 8.30 am – 4.30 pm.
Closing Date: 27 September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas
- Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org