Our Centre is a member group of the Riding for the Disabled Association and also a BHS and Pony Club Centre. Due to the impact of covid the centre was forced to close March 2020 and a small team is now preparing for a phased re-opening beginning in late April.
The Centre Manager would welcome applications from freelance coaches and riders able to support the following activities:-
- Training and re-training horses
- Sourcing new horses
- Exercising & schooling horses
- Coaching riders with additional support needs (must hold RDA coach qualification)
- Coaching mainstream riding lessons (must hold BHS coaching qualification)
- Coaching and training horses for equestrian vaulting (must hold BEV qualification)
- Equine Facilitated Learning (must hold a relevant qualification)
- Online and practical horse care & handling programmes (working towards BHS and RDA certificates)
In addition to having skills relevant to one or more of the activities listed above applicants must be well organised, have a positive attitude & excellent inter-personal skills. All those involved with coaching must be open to working with clients from a wide range of backgrounds, including those with additional support needs. The methods of work at the centre place horse welfare as a top priority, and whilst there are a few riders with competitive aspirations, most activities delivered at the centre focus upon supporting health and well-being of people and horses. Contract arrangements can be very flexible and there is scope for successful candidates to secure regular work; all year round, term time only, school holidays only, and also intensive blocks of work to support projects such as training horses and the development of a new vaulting group.
For a role profile please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter detailing their area of interest.