Salary: Min Wage
Hours: 5 day week, 8 hour day, some weekends and evenings.
We currently have a vacancy for a full time groom who wants to learn to teach in our Riding School.
Based in the heart of South West London, Deen City Farm is one of the capital’s oldest community farms. Spread over 5 acres and home to animals of all shapes and sizes, we combine rural activities and education to actively engage local people, irrespective of their background or abilities. Our Riding School has 13 horses and ponies and provides lessons to riders of all levels from age 8 and up.
We are recruiting for a Riding School Groom to help with the following:
- Assist and support the Riding School staff in the day to day running of the yard (Mucking out, feeding etc.)
- Assist and support the staff in delivering Own a Pony days.
- Assist and support our volunteers in their duties at the farm.
- Interact with visitors and clients
- Exercising riding school horses (11 stone weight limit)
We are offering
- Regular lessons and lectures including dressage, show jumping and cross country
- Wages whilst training
- Modern well equipped yard
- Super horses
Regular training towards exams will be provided by BHS II SM SE on well-schooled horses.
5 day week. 8 hour day.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working, trustworthy and friendly all-rounder who is happy to roll their sleeves up and ensure that the Riding School is clean, tidy and safe for all of our visitors. Must be able to walk, trot and canter. Would suit someone with a willingness to learn to teach. A great opportunity for the right person. Please note this is not a live in position and we are unable to accommodate staff horses or pets.
Apply: please email your CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role to Joanna Henbrey email@example.com