Calvert Trust Exmoor has an immediate vacancy for a Stables Supervisor hours TBD (no more than 37.5 hours a week, equivalent to 5 full days) as an integral part of our stable's activities staff.
We are looking for a creative and pro-active person with good ideas and lots of energy to help us Supervise the stables and grow the business. We are a small team so looking for someone who isn’t afraid to muck in, get a horse out of the field or skip out a stable!
This is a rewarding role, which will include some weekend work. It will provide an opportunity for the successful applicant to work in a Highly Commended, British Horse Society Approved Centre that is also Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA) registered for carriage driving.
Calvert Trust Exmoor enables people with physical, sensory and learning difficulties, of all ages and levels of ability, together with their friends and families to achieve their potential. This is done through exciting, challenging and enjoyable activity holidays/breaks and educational courses. We also host visits and breaks for young carers and many local schools. As well as working with the diverse groups of visitors, the successful candidate will be involved in the development and supervision of the staff, local volunteers, equine facilities and horses, working closely with the Activities Manager.
The successful candidate will:
• Want to work for a charity because they enjoy helping others.
• Have good interpersonal skills.
• Have excellent team Leading skills and the drive to support fellow staff and the volunteers that will work beside you.
• Have experience of working with people with disabilities, and the empathy to quickly learn the key skills to take on the role at Calvert Trust Exmoor.
• Be flexible and understanding to the environment in which you and all the other Calvert Trust Staff are working.
• Have experience working with horses and be able to fulfil duties in the stables, including horse care, management, training and exercising.
• Organise the Staff, Yard and Horses (Dealing with farrier, Vets, Working schedules, Risk Assessments, Governing Bodies, Arranging feed, hay, bedding etc)
• BHS Stage 3 Teach or equivalent coaching qualification.
• First Aid Certificate.
• Good Computer Skills (MS Packages)
RDA Whip / BDS
Salary. The salary is competitive for the charity sector and depending on experience/Qualifications. Partial Uniform is provided, and a percentage of financial support is given for courses and development. Accommodation may be available. Calvert Trust Exmoor supports the Workplace Pension Scheme. This post will require completion of the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) process.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to Mark.firstname.lastname@example.org