SALARY + HOURS:
The salary for this position will be £17,077 per annum, dependent on skills, experience and whether the
position offered is on a live-in or live-out basis. If preferred, there may be a possibility for accommodation
to be offered, for which no rent would be payable, for the better performance of duties.
The appointee will be expected to work 40 hours per week over 5 days. There may a requirement for one
shift per week to cover an evening duty and may be other rare occasions when additional hours will be
necessary for the completion of the duties of the position.
To take responsibility for the day-to-day care of horses, ensuring the well-being of the horses at the
Bryanston Equestrian Centre.
MAIN AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Take responsibility for the stable management of up to 5 horses, mucking out, grooming, feeding,
watering, rugging up and bedding down and, as directed, supervise and feed other horses in work and
2. Prepare horses for pupil riding lessons and hacks, tacking up and un-tacking the horses after riding
3. Keep the yard clean, tidy and safe at all times and provide back-up support as a member of the Centre
during times of peak workload, undertaking general yard duties as required.
4. Take responsibility for the care and cleaning of all tack, rugs etc., attending to or reporting breakages
and repairs, ensuring it is clean and safe.
5. Carry out clipping, trimming, lunging etc as requested.
6. Undertake a variety of maintenance tasks, which may include painting, ragwort pulling etc.
7. Promote Bryanston School at all times, being professional within your sport and abide by the BHS
safety guidelines at all times.
8. Occasionally ride and school horses that may need special attention and occasionally escort hacks.
9. Provide general assistance to Equestrian events and the Summer of Sport Riding Course.
10. Operate in accordance with school’s policies and procedures as detailed on the school’s website and
intranet and as set out in the Staff Handbook (Brystaff) and elsewhere, ensuring compliance with the
School’s Code of Conduct, the Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection procedures, the school’s
Health and Safety policy and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 27 September 2020 and interviews will be held shortly thereafter.
All applicants are asked to submit an online application form via the Bryanston website together with a letter
of application and the names and addresses of two referees who may be contacted prior to interview. This
is designed to provide comparable information on all candidates, and may be accompanied by a letter of
application. Attention will need to be given by the candidates as to the way in which they expect to transfer
their experience to date to this post in a school environment.