We currently have a vacancy for a full-time groom who wants to learn to teach at our Riding School.
Based in the heart of South West London, Deen City Farm is one of the capital’s oldest community farms. Spread over five acres and home to animals of all shapes and sizes, we combine rural activities and education to actively engage local people, irrespective of their background or abilities.
Our Riding School has 13 horses and ponies and provides lessons to riders of all levels from age eight and above. We are recruiting for a Riding School Groom to help with the following:
• Assist and support the Riding School staff in the day to day running of the yard (mucking out, feeding etc...)
• Assist and support the staff in delivering 'Own a Pony' days
• Assist and support our volunteers in their duties at the farm
• Interact with visitors and clients
• Exercising riding school horses
• Regular lessons and lectures including dressage, show jumping and cross country
• Modern well-equipped yard
• Regular training towards exams will be provided on well-schooled horses and there may be opportunities to compete
This position is five days a week with an eight hour working day. (Wages whilst training)
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working, trustworthy and friendly all-rounder who is happy to roll their sleeves up and ensure that the Riding School is clean, tidy and safe for all of our visitors.
Must be able to walk, trot and canter. Would suit someone with a willingness to learn to teach. A great opportunity for the right person.
Salary: Minimum wage
Please send CV and Covering letter to:
Deen City Farm
39 Windsor Ave
Please note this is not a live in position and we are unable to accommodate staff horses or pets. Deen City Farm is an equal opportunities employer and registered charity, No. 1008028.