A repeat of our recent successful event this educational training day is for anyone looking to improve their riding or coaching with a view to taking the Stage Four Ride or Teach Assessment. Its content is aimed at anyone working towards the Stage Four Ride and Teach or booked to take it.
You will have the opportunity to ride but please note that you must have passed your Stage 3 flat to do the flat sessions & Stage 3 jump to do the jump sessions. You will also have the opportunity to coach during the sessions.
The day is also open as a standard setting day/CPD day for coaches who teach or sign off this level or Stage 3 students just wanting to come and see the Stage 4 level.
The day will aim to;
- Clearly cover the levels required for the Stage 4 Ride Assessment
- Sign off riders who clearly show on the day they are at the level (total discretion of coach)
- Advise riders of strengths and area’s to focus on for development and improvement
- Analyse different coaching methods
- Outline the requirement of the Stage 4 Teach assessment
- Explain factors which impact on coaching approaches
- Consider how to coach a rider on the lunge - the benefits, horse requirements, assessing rider strengths and areas for development
- Consider how to coach a dressage lesson up to elementary level - to improve rider and horse performance
- Consider how to coach riders over fences up to 1m and 1.10m - evaluating horse and rider strengths, ability, confidence and areas for development.
The day will count as CPD for Accredited Professional Coaches.
£40 BHS APCs / £45 general admission