This May sees the return of The British Horse Society’s Create a Christmas Card Competition 2022. The competition is free to enter and open to everyone whatever your age or experience. It is aimed at equestrians, horse lovers, cartoonists, illustrators, artists and photographers alike.
What’s it all about?
We want you to design a new Charity Christmas card for us. Your brief is:
The design should predominately feature horses or all things equestrian, how you interpret that is up to you, and of course you can add any other festive elements you feel appropriate.
What’s in it for me?
The top four designs will be turned into The British Horse Society’s Official 2022 Christmas Cards and sold in The British Horse Society Shop and on BHS Trade stands.
Winners will not only get to see their design in print they will also be invited to attend the BHS Raceday at Newbury on 3 November 2022 where they will be presented with a framed print of their winning entry.
What do I do?
Ok, so we’ll make this as straightforward as we can:
Create your entry. The card is rectangular. The final card will measure 21cm x 14.5cm but you don’t really need to worry about that. You can design an image, paint a picture, take a photograph or draw or illustrate your entry in either portrait or landscape and in any size.
Your design will need to be sent into us as either a JPEG or TIFF file. Should your entry be selected we will need to receive a high resolution photo or image for the final design so please ensure you consider this if taking photographs. If you have painted a picture then please send through a photograph of your design. We may require your original painting to produce the card if you are successful.
How does it work?
Send your entries to email@example.com
Entries Open: Monday 2nd of May 2022
Entries Close: Monday 8 August 2022
All entries received by Monday 8 August 2022 will be entered into the competition.
These entries will be reviewed by a panel of experts who will choose 10 for the shortlist.
The shortlisted entries will be displayed on Facebook from Monday August 2022 until Monday 5 September 2022. The winners will be those four images which have received the most amount of likes.
Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully to ensure you fully understand them before submitting your designs.
1. Entrance into the competition is deemed to signify acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
2. The BHS Create a Christmas Card Competition 2022 is owned and run by the charity The British Horse Society
3. You must own or have permission to use the photo, image, painting or design you submit. Photos with watermarks will not be allowed.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people or horses featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured.
- Where an individual or a residential property, belonging to someone other than the photographer are featured, the photographer must seek permission and be prepared to provide written consent, when requested by the BHS.
- Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking photographs.
4. For entrants under 18, parental/guardian consent must be sought.
5. All entries submitted will be judged in accordance with BHS safety and welfare standards.
6. Each of the shortlisted entrants will be contacted by email by a member of the BHS’s Merchandising team. The judging will take place within four weeks of the competition closing date.
7. If after reasonable attempts a shortlisted entrant cannot be contacted, the BHS reserves the right to offer the place on the shortlist to the next best entry.
8. By taking part in this competition, you understand that the images may be used by the BHS for general marketing purposes and may appear in magazines, local, regional and national communications, both in print and online.
9. By entering the competition all entrants grant to the BHS the right to publish and exhibit their designs in perpetuity.
11. In the event of any dispute the decision of the BHS is final, no correspondence will be entered in to. If the Facebook vote results in a tie, the judges shall have the casting vote.
12. Prizes as stated. No cash equivalent will be offered.
13. The winners may be asked to send their original artwork in so that it can be professionally photographed. The BHS accepts no liability for any artwork lost during transit.
14. Entries close at 12.00 pm on Monday 8 August 2022.
15. Winners will be notified via email on Thursday 8 September 2022.