Sunday 8 November 2020
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Culzean Country Park, Maybole, Ayrshire, KA19 8LE
The ride will be split into small groups. You can canter on the beach, but walk and trot only within the park and no riding on verges please.
Honoring Remembrance Sunday, prizes will be awarded for best dressed as well as best poppy.
Parking is at the old airfield at Turnberry, from where we will ride along the beach at Maidens and enter into Culzean Country Park from the beach. There is no parking within the park for this ride. (Drive past the Castle entry, on through Maidens on the A719 and the airfield parking is on the left hand side.)
Please be aware of the Llamas at the deer park at Culzean.
Entries: £20 per rider
Conditions of Entry - please read carefully, as new CoVid19 measures in place:
1. Bookings will only be accepted with a fully completed online booking form. For the purposes of ‘track and trace’, this form will be kept by the event organiser for 21 days.
2. All bookings must be paid for in advance in accordance with the schedule. There will be no exchange of money on the day. Bookings will not be accepted on the day.
3. Numbers on site are restricted to one person per horse plus the rider. Please respect this rule as it will help us to monitor the number of people on site at any one time. No spectators are allowed. If a rider has an additional person attending, a contact form must be filled in for this person. This must be emailed to the organiser no later than 24 hours before the activity begins. For the purposes of ‘NHS Test and Protect’, this form will be kept by the event organiser for 21 days. All forms will be stored in accordance with GDPR guidelines.
4. Riders will not exceed a group size of 5. Riders travelling together must be from the same household or bubble.
5. Hats and body protectors (if you choose to wear a body protector) will not be checked – it is your responsibility that these are to the current standards. Please refer to https://www.bhs.org.uk/advice-...
6. Hi-viz clothing must be worn on the horse and rider.
7. Anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms, however mild, should stay at home. Anyone who has been in contact with someone that is showing symptoms should stay at home. Anyone considered vulnerable should stay at home. Please inform the organiser if you need to withdraw.
8. Soft face masks that cover the mouth and nose are permitted but no face shields may be worn for mounted activities.
9. Riders must print their own rider number and bring this with them. Each rider will be allocated a number when the times are issued. Please identify yourself by the way of a XC bib, medical armband, showing number on your back or an ID tag. This needs to be on the rider in case of an accident. You can also put an identification number on your horse if you wish (this is not compulsory) which could take the form of a bridle number, number on your numnah or an ID tag.
10. There will be no passport or vaccination checking on the day. The horse’s passport and a current valid annual vaccination certificate have to be available for electronic spot checks prior to the event. Please note: all passports must still travel with a horse as it is a legal requirement (A Scot Equine ID card would be acceptable). Please leave the parking area as you found it - don’t muck out your trailer or lorry in the parking area and take your dung home with you. Thank you!
11. Upon arrival, please follow the directions to park. Vehicles must be parked at least 5 metres apart. Text the event number to declare your arrival. You should get ready in the parking area, maintaining social distancing from all other households. Upon your stated start time, please go directly to the starting area as shown on the map issued with the times.
12. There is no secretary/declarations area for this ride. Each rider will receive a time for arrival on site and a time that your group will start your ride. Please arrive 30min before allocated time. Riders will ride out in groups with a maximum of 5 people. You can declare by texting 07900 670223.
13. When riding, please keep 2 metres apart at all times. If a group needs to pass for any reason, please again keep 2 metres apart.
14. There will be no sharing of riding equipment amongst riders.
15. Please do not hang around afterwards.
16. Dogs are permitted but MUST be kept secured on a lead at all times.
17. Sanitiser will be provided at appropriate locations and all attending should make use of it.
18. All attendees must keep a 2m distance at all times whilst on site and must stay in groups of no more than 5.
18. The above information should be shared with anyone travelling with you to the event.
19. Anybody not complying with the Covid-19 Health and Safety protocol will be asked to leave the site. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Any such instances will also be reported to BHS HQ for further consideration if deemed appropriate. Please comply with all signage on site. Please support the resumption of activities that we have all been waiting for so long. Your co-operation is very much appreciated.
20. There will be first aid cover. The first aider will have PPE in case they have to break physical distancing guidance.
21. It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure their horse is fit and healthy enough to complete the chosen distance comfortably.
22. In the case of cancellation, BHS Scotland will retain £2 to cover admin and booking fees.