Wednesday 22 June 2022 | 6.30 pm - 8 pm | Holmside Hall Equestrian
Are you sure it is safe for me to travel?
Do you know what safety checks should be carried out on your towing vehicle, trailer or horse box before you load your horse and set off on your journey?
Join Des Payne from our BHS Safety Team and David Eason who is a qualified driving instructor and experienced B+E trainer operating from Jacks Driving School as they will show us on an actual horse trailer and 3.5 ton horse box what checks should be completed including:
- Body of vehicle
- Floor & ramp
- Hitch/jockey wheel
- Towing weights, as well as calculating
the combined weight of horse,equipment etc.
- Brakes/breakaway cable
- Electric & lights
They will also discuss the following:
- What documentation you require for you and your horse ready for
- Correct insurance as well as road side assistance/breakdown
- What's included in the trailer training course and why it is
important to consider still taking the training even thought
this is no longer a legal requirement.
- And best of all, David will share some handy tips to help perfect those reversing skills.
The evening will be information and interaction and will take place outside in the centre car park, so please come suitably dressed for the evening.
This event is free and is open to everyone!