A hands on session where Alistair Love BVSc Cert AVP (EP) MRCVS RCVS Recognised Advanced Practitioner in Equine Practice of Clevedale Vets will look at equine lameness. There will be a lots of opportunities for discussions, observations and help to achieve a deeper understanding.
The day will include: Nerve blocks and lameness work ups – Power Point, talk and explanation
- Walking & trotting in straight lines, looking at footfall and movement of horse’s body
- Trotting up horses to identify sound or lame horses
- Lungeing on soft surfaces and what this helps diagnose
- Discussion on lungeing on hard surfaces and what this helps diagnose
- Conformational weaknesses
- Distal limbs, including rotation
- Hoof balance and what is possible with regular, corrective farriery
- Subtle external signs of orthopaedic changes
This day is suitable for everyone from horse owners/riders to coaches and students studying for BHS Stage 4 & 5 Care Assessments, who would like to develop their knowledge and understanding of recognising lameness in horses.
Counts as 4 CPD points for BHS APCs.
Light lunch will be provided.
Registration: 9.45am for a 10am start till 3pm.
Cost: £25 per person.