Sarah Simpson, BHS Education Trustee, BHS Stage 5 Performance Coach, Lead Assessor, Horse Trials Specialist.
- This training is free for any BHS Accredited Professional Coach or BHS Centre Coach living or working in the BHS North Region.
- £35 for any other BHS Accredited Professional Coach
- £40 for everyone else (open to everyone)
Counts as CPD for BHS Accredited Professional Coaches.
Time: 9.45am to 4pm
This training is aimed at anyone looking to improve their cross country knowledge and skills whether you are:
- A candidate working towards stage 3, 4 & 5 Event Coaching assessments.
- Trainers wanting to keep up to date with the assessment standard.
- Coaches wanting to improve knowledge and techniques.
- Students and riders wanting a clearer understanding of the technicalities of jumping cross country fences.
The course aims to:
- Analyse different methods of coaching.
- Outline the requirements of stage 3, 4 & 5 Eventing Coach arena cross country assessments.
- Consider how to coach a group of riders in an arena eventing lesson over fences up to 1.10m evaluating horse and riders strengths, ability, confidence and areas for development.
- Develop knowledge and depth of understanding around the technicalities of jumping individual cross country jumps and courses.
- Walking distances, lines to fences and courses.
The day is planned to be informative and interactive with people having the opportunity to discuss training and coaching skills/techniques.
For more information, please contact Claire Maddison
Download the poster (pdf)