Extending What Horses Have to Offer A Look at Equine Facilitated Learning with Jennifer Dixon-Clegg. This training day will also be an opportunity for you to raise issues over challenging situations in daily teaching and coaching and to discuss different approaches and solutions.
All welcome, counts as CPD for BHS Accredited Professional Coaches.
About Jennifer Dixon-Clegg:
Jennifer was formerly the Director of the Fortune Centre of Riding Therapy and Vice President of Horses in Education and Therapy International (HETI); Jennifer is now a BHS Changing Lives Through Horses (CLTH) Programme trainer. The BHS are developing this work with BHS members and with Approved Riding Schools through the BHS Ireland Learning with Horses Course and the BHS CLTH Programme.
The cost per person is £35 for current registered BHS Accredited Professional Coaches and £40 for all others.
- 10am - What do equines offer people? How are they relevant in your community? Exploring Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL)…what it is, who benefits and how. Who is qualified to deliver EFL? Is there a qualification in this field of work?
- 11am - A practical view of transferrable skills
- 12 noon - Ask questions, share situations and to consider new opportunities
- 12.30pm: Your skills with a new focus… Thinking on two tracks with allied professionals and other specialists
- 1pm: Break for lunch
- 1.30pm - Working with groups
- 2.30pm - Thinking along new lines? Where to go for further help/ training: developing EFL
- 3.30pm - Final questions and discussion
- 4pm - Close.
NB: Programme is subject to change.
Terms and Conditions:
All courses are checked for viability approximately 10 working days prior to course date. At this point, any course that has insufficient numbers may be cancelled. In this instance, candidates booked on the cancelled course will receive a full refund or free course transfer. Course fees are non-refundable if cancelled by candidates within 10 working days of the course date without a medical certificate, which must be received within five working days of the course date. All cancellations MUST be in writing by post or email. If a course should be cancelled, each candidate will be telephoned and offered either a full refund or free transfer. It is the responsibility of each candidate to ensure that they provide correct, up to date contact details, which must include a telephone number with an answering service. If messages are left for candidates regarding a course cancellation, or if the organiser are unable to leave a message and candidates then arrive at a venue for a course that has been cancelled, any expenses incurred by the candidate are wholly their own. In the event of adverse weather conditions, a decision will be made the day before a course is due to start as to whether or not it will be cancelled. If it should be cancelled then each candidate will be telephoned.