This evening is for anyone looking to improve their depth of horse knowledge. Ideal for anyone thinking of or working towards BHS Stage 4 or Stage 5 Assessments. Open to coaches, trainers, students and horse owner/riders.
This session focuses on the running of an Equine business.
- Yard management; including maintenance of the building and facilities, including arena surfaces. Grassland maintenance.
- The purchasing of goods and outside services, working relationships with associated professional including Farrier, Vet, Dentist, folder merchants & Physio.
- Office best practice and administration including; booking systems, lesson pricing/payment methods, business finance, VAT, insurance, PL, Riding School Licence & Planning.
- Employment regulations & legislation; PAYE, self-employment & APC and other membership schemes – CPD.
- Safety and security; Health and well-being. Recognising hazards & analysing potential risks to staff, customers and horses. Risk management; including health and safety policies, fraud, cyber security, social media and contagious disease. Ensuring effective communication to all.
- Major incident response – Looking at the impact and response different scenarios may have on a business. Analyse potential repercussions.
- Business development & growth, the strategic planning and impact of business growth.
- The essential elements for funding applications for development of a facility within the business, including costs, planning permission and legal requirements and regulations.
- Staff management, staff retention & development. The training requirements of staff for business growth including appraisals, incentive, development and career progression.
- Advertising, marketing opportunities and social media & GDPR policies.
This evening count towards CPD for BHS Accredited Professional Coaches.
- Free for BHS APCs or BHS Centre Coaches living or working in the BHS North Region
- £10 for any other BHS Accredited Professional Coaches
- £15 for everyone else (training open to everyone)
Time: 6.30pm till 9pm