The event will enhance riders and coaches knowledge and training techniques with emphasis on training the horse consistently and positively.
Open to everyone but will have a training element suitable for coaches development.
Presented by Lindsay Gaven, National Mounted Police Advanced Instructor and Assessor and BHS Stage 4 Senior Coach.
Lindsay will lead participants through an insightful day, consisting of 5 modules:
- Assessing a horse from buying stage – conformation, behavior, muscle structure and dynamic & static assessment.
- Training Equipment – demonstration of the equipment used, progression of equipment and training rider and horse to use the equipment correctly.
- Training the Horse – An overview of horse psychology, understanding the world through their eyes, ensuring we as riders are asking the right questions of the horse (being clear and accurate) and adapting to the needs of the horse.
- Training the Rider – Understanding whether the rider is asking the right questions, exploring the difference between teaching and coaching techniques and how to give effective rider feedback.
- Developing the Horse - Are you getting the right answers to the right questions as the guiding principle. Gradually increasing the intensity of the situation following this principle and finally identifying limitations of the horse and rider.
Time: 9.30am - 4pm.
This day will count as CPD for BHS Accredited Coaches, who are entitled to a discount of £10 (verses the price of general admission).
BHS Accredited coaches will need to enter their coach ID number at the time of registration.