Presenter: Mark Robinson BHS Stage 5 Performance Coach
This is a training day for those preparing for the BHS Stage 4 Qualification. To attend you must already have attained a minimum of BHS Stage 3 Care.
The day will cover:- Unit 1: Stage 4 Senior Care you will need to demonstrate the practical skills and knowledge required to care for and manage a range of horses.
This unit will assess your considerable skills and experience looking for thorough knowledge within your discussions in addition to technical competence.
- Assessment of Conformation and health of horses including horse physiology
- Select, fit and evaluate a range of specialist tack
Unit 2: Stage 4 Senior Management you will need to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to manage an equestrian business. This could be a commercial business such as an equestrian centre, or managing your own business as a self-employed coach.
This unit will assess your considerable skills and experience looking for wide knowledge in addition to technical competence:
- Understand the importance of customer care and how to apply this in your business
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
- Understand the responsibilities of a yard manager, including managing staff, accounts and record keeping
- Understand how to manage a yard, including marketing, facilities and grassland management
YOU MUST NOT ATTEND IF YOU ARE UNWELL OR HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE THAT HAS SHOWN COVID SYMPTOMS.
For more information, please contact Susan Spratt BHS Manager for Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland.
You may purchase your ticket for the day at https://buytickets.at/bhsireland/406204
Pre-booking is essential.
Download the Information (Word)
Download the Programme (pdf)