Due to the current crisis with Coronavirus (Covid-19) we have cancelled/postponed all of our calendar of events and gatherings until the end of June 2020.
Our regional teams and committees are in the process of advising everyone who has booked or indicated an interest of the cancellation.
This day counts as CPD
BHS Stage 2 Teach Preparation Day presented by Sarah Simpson - BHS Stage 5 Performance Coach
The course is aimed at individuals who are working toward Stage Two Assessment. It is also suitable for Coaches who are preparing candidates for assessment as well as Coaches looking to further their work with groups and individual riders.
This day will count as CPD for coaches Stage 3 and above.
The day is suitable for anyone working to develop their understanding or working with riders within groups or individually.
The emphasis is on basic coaching and identifying the needs of riders and horses within a riding school environment.
The course will aim to:
1) Identify the basic role and responsibilities of a coach
2) Outline the requirement of the Stage Two Teaching assessment
3) Discuss ways of integrating flat work and jumping within a class lesson
4) Consider poles and jumping exercises within a class lesson
5) Measure and consider distances between poles and between fences
6) Outline the benefit of lunge and lead rein lessons
7) Discuss good practice and delivery when delivering lunge and lead rein lessons within a riding school environment
8) Outline good practice when delivering practical stable management sessions
The day is planned to be informative and interactive with delegates having the opportunity discuss training and to take part in the practical sessions.
Some delegates may be given the opportunity to coach, so if you are willing to take part, please come prepared with safety helmets, gloves and appropriate clothing.
9.15am - 4pm
Download the Programme (pdf)
Book your place
For more information contact Sally Andrews