The course will give you the knowledge to deal with concerns and report them on confidently and timely. This is an opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge to case studies and to share good safeguarding practice with other attendees.
For the first six months of 2023, the BHS will be funding one space on the course for each club and centre. The course was developed in conjunction with British Equestrian, NSPCC, The Ann Craft Trust and the Child Protection in Sport Unit.
The course will cover:
- What a Club/Centre Safeguarding Officer does
- How a Club/Centre Safeguarding Officer works with others to create a child-centred environment
- How the Club/Centre Safeguarding Officer role fits into the wider safeguarding environment
- How safeguarding fits into the wider culture of the organisation
Pre-requisites to attend
You will need to have completed a Safeguarding Awareness course before you attend, such as:
- BEF Safeguarding for Equestrians course
- UK Sport Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- Sport Scotland Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport Training
- Sport NI Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Other courses of Level 2 or above can be considered through our Accredited Prior Learning process, find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to book/find out more:
We are sorry but we have had to suspend the running of the Safeguarding Officer Training course for a short while. We hope to have these back up and running again within the next month so please look out for new dates. Apologies for any inconvenience.