This pathway allows you to ensure a sympathetic riding style, combined with your horse care knowledge to put the welfare of the horse at the heart of your riding and developing your skills through to a competitive dressage level.
Following a foundation of flatwork and polework at stage 2, you will develop more proficiency through the stages working on riding and training of dressage movements.
Performance Riders (Dressage) are competent in riding and training horses on the flat and will often be competing at advanced in dressage.
Who is this pathway for?
- Anyone who enjoys riding on the flat and wishes to compete and become a professional dressage rider
- Entry level and professional dressage riders looking to advance their riding career in any discipline
- Anyone looking to become a Coach in Complete Horsemanship – the only career path to progress to the BHS Fellowship
Groom with Riding - Dressage pathway
- Stage 1
Stage 1 Complete Horsemanship provides an industry recognised foundation of practical knowledge in riding, care and stable management to progress through any career pathway.
- Stage 2
Foundation Groom with Riding
BHSQ Level 2 Foundation Groom with Riding (Stage 2) is for anyone looking to start their career as a groom and rider in the industry.
- Stage 3
Groom with Riding Dressage
BHSQ Level 3 Groom with Riding - Dressage (Stage 3) is for those looking for a role as a professional groom and rider offering employers the skills to care for a number of horses to the highest standards and the ability to ride and train horses at a basic dressage level, with horse welfare at the heart of your riding.
- Stage 4
Senior Yard Manager with Riding Dressage
BHSQ Level 4 Senior Yard Manager with Riding (Stage 4) (Dressage Pathway) is for those with an established career in the equestrian industry looking to move into a management position.
Performance Centre Manager with Dressage
The Performance Centre Manager with Riding (Dressage) will allow you to fulfil a senior strategic management position within an equestrian business, such as an equine college or large equestrian centre..
With this pathway, you could potentially become a:
- Work rider in a riding school
- Work rider exercising horses within private yards
- Dressage horse trainer
- Work rider preparing horses for dressage work up to advanced level
- Competition rider preparing horses for dressage work up to advanced level
Whatever your career aspirations – caring for horses, riding professionally or coaching the next generation – there’s a pathway for you.
Groom with Riding Pathway (Show Jumping)
BHS Groom with Riding Pathway (Show Jumping) will develop your jump work and support a career focussed on showjumping.