Report a Welfare Concern
If you have personally seen a horse, or horses, that you are concerned about, please contact the Welfare team.
Telephone: 02476 840517*
*Calls may be recorded for monitoring purposes
The office is open from:
- Monday-Thursday from 8.35am-5pm
- Fridays from 8.35am-3pm.
If you would like to report an urgent welfare concern outside of office hours, please contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.
If you are not able to speak with a member our team initially, please leave a message with your name and contact number. We aim to respond to all messages by the end of each working day.
Find out more about how we respond to a welfare concern.
Reporting Information Requirements
- Details of why you are concerned
- Horse(s) details – number, colour, sex (if known), age (if known)
- Name of owner and/or landowner (if known)
- The location of the horse(s). The more information you can give us the better, even if the precise address and postcode is unknown. Please try to give additional local information such as nearby main roads and landmarks.
- Photos are helpful if you can take some pictures of the horse(s) safely and without trespassing. These can then be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the other details required.
- Your contact details. We always keep your details confidential. Learn why we need your contact details.
- We are unable to respond to welfare concerns reported to us through social media.
- If you have already reported your concerns to another welfare organisation and they have confirmed that they will be investigating, please do not contact other organisations and charities.
- Please only contact us if you have personally seen a horse(s) of concern. Unfortunately, we can't take calls about second-hand information, including content seen on social media.
- Throughout the UK, horses are managed and kept in many different ways. Sometimes we may not agree with the way in which a horse is kept but if its needs are being met and the horse is not suffering, then we are unlikely to be able to take any action.
Find out more information about what is a welfare concern.