The event will be a fully packed day. A series of presentations will be provided by expert speakers who continually work to help improve the welfare of the horse.
We are delighted to confirm the following speakers who will be presenting on both days:
- Dean Bland from Well Equine will focus on the horse’s hoof and farriery issues, including factors that affect shoeing and trimming and how these issues can be resolved
- Providing emergency care to horses whilst waiting for the vet to arrive will be presented by veterinary surgeon Nicky Jarvis, Head of Veterinary & Care at Redwings Horse Sanctuary
- Lisa Ashton, BHSII Accredited Professional Coach and Equicoach, will use the application of equitation science to discuss the methods of providing safe, effective and ethical horse training
- David Kempsell from WOW Saddles will raise awareness of the impact poor saddle fit can have on equine welfare, including injuries and behaviour or performance issues. In addition, you will learn the positives of a well-fitting saddle, to the benefit of both the horse and rider
- The importance of maintaining regular dental checks and the impact lack of care can have on the horse will be presented by veterinary surgeon and Equine Dental Technician Chris Pearce
- Dr Wendy Talbot (Wednesday only) from Zoetis and Professor Jacqui Matthews (Thursday only) from Moredun Research Institute will embrace the subject of worm control, including the tests available, importance of pasture management and additional factors to consider when worming horses.
Find out more about our speakers
Keep checking back as we update our programme.