BHS Instructors Development Scholarship
Be your best and reach your goals with a BHS Instructors Development Scholarship.
Is funding holding you back from achieving your dreams?
Do you have an exceptional trainee at your centre looking to gain the next step in their career, whether this is to gain their BHSAI, BHSII or BHSI?
The BHS Instructors Scholarship is there to help those talented individuals wishing to achieve their goals.
As the largest provider of equestrian education and qualifications in the UK, we feel it is our duty to do all we can to inspire those individuals who will truly make a difference to the future of our industry.
We understand it can be financially difficult to reach the level of qualification required, when aspiring to develop a career in equestrianism. This is often the stumbling block for many talented individuals, and we have taken steps to invest in this area to remove these barriers.
We are honoured to have received a wonderful legacy in Margot Tiffany’s name. This has been created by many donations in her memory. Together with our own fundraising efforts, in its first year we have supported 35 individuals with over £65,500 of funding to help them gain their BHSAI, BHSII and BHSI.
The aim of the scholarship is to increase the number of qualified BHS Assistant Instructors (AI), BHS Intermediate Instructors (BHSII) and BHS Instructors (BHSI).
Each year, we will support the costs of training, relevant stage examinations and the first year as an Accredited Professional Coach (for candidates wishing to gain their BHSAI).
It is our intention that the scholarship will enable individuals to train and gain industry experience to ensure they become well-rounded and knowledgeable instructors.
BHS Instructors Development Scholarship objectives:
- To ensure we help supply our industry with well qualified and inspirational people
- To support talented and well driven individuals to have a meaningful equestrian career
- To provide support to our BHS Approved Centres
- Each year the BHS will contribute significant funds to support the costs of training, examinations and the first year’s membership as an Accredited Professional Coach as a newly qualified BHSAI
- At the heart of this scholarship, we celebrate the life and legacy of Margot Tiffany BHSI and feel honoured to have received a legacy for this scholarship in her name in addition to further funds supported by many of Margot’s friends and family. The Margot Tiffany Legacy Fund contributes to the significant BHS fund being directed to support our future generation through this scholarship scheme.
If you are, or know of, a talented individual who has a connection with a BHS Approved Centre and will benefit from this scholarship, please download one of the following application forms (guidance can be found on the right side of this page):
Please note, individuals will need to show that they work 20 hours per month at a centre to be eligible.
In extenuating circumstances, the candidate may be able to demonstrate a commitment to the BHS through teaching at BHS or BRC organised training events and camps, in place of some of the required 20-hour commitment to an Approved Centre.
All applications must be received by Friday 16 June 2017 for the Spring Scholarship and by Friday 27 October for the Autumn Scholarship.
Successful applicants will be selected by a panel consisting of BHS Centre proprietors, BHS staff and relevant leading industry experts.
Applications to be sent to:
The British Horse Society
Warwickshire CV8 2XZ
Any enquiries about eligibility, please contact Becky Lindley on 07773 043103 or email email@example.com.