The access volunteers and other members of the BHS Gloucestershire committee are very grateful to the three landowners who so kindly made this event possible, by allowing the use of a field for our venue, and agreeing that the route could pass over their private land.
Whilst the organisers were dismayed to discover that the route markers had been removed from about two kilometres of bridleway. Fortunately, all riders found their way back to the venue safely, and enjoyed receiving their souvenir rosettes.
Below is some of the feedback received:
- "Thank you so much for organising today's ride, as always lovely setting and a good ride around the Cotswold's"
- "Just to say thank you and your team of volunteers for a very enjoyable ride yesterday. We had a great day - glorious weather, beautiful countryside and very well-behaved horses - what more can you ask!"
- "Thank you to all of you for organising, marking and giving your time yesterday - I hope to was worth while"
- "I just wanted to pass on my thanks and the thanks of my two friends who also came on the ride last Sunday. It was an excellent day out, well run and beautiful countryside. I hope you run more rides like this, as it was a great day out for both rider and horse"
- "Wanted to say a huge thank you for the lovely ride today and to all your helpers too. Much appreciated"
- "Thanks it was a really fun ride"
- "I just wanted to thank you and the committee members and volunteers for organising the pleasure ride yesterday. We all enjoyed it and the route was well chosen"
Pictures from the day