• Have a passion for horses?
• Want to work with these beautiful animals on a daily basis?
• Seek a career in riding, equine and/or stable management?
• Want to study full-time in a centre with amazing facilities?
Then the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Horse Management Course is for you! This is a two year full-time study programme based at the Carrington Riding Centre.
What will the course include?
A BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Horse Management (Subsidiary Diploma in year one, converting to a Level 3 Diploma in year two).
This will include the studying of units such as:
- Understanding and Promoting Animal Health.
- Select, Fit and Evaluate Horse Tack and Equipment.
- Plan and Monitor Animal Feeding.
- Prepare Horses for Presentation.
- Undertake Stable and Yard Management.
- Understand the Principles of Horse Behaviour and Welfare.
- Riding and Exercising Horses.
- Plus more...
- BHS Horse Knowledge, Care and Riding Stage 1 (in year one) and Stage 2 (in year two). These are essential and highly-valued industry-specific qualifications which are a component part of The British Horse Society Assistant Instructor Certificate (the benchmark for employers).
- Extensive hands-on work experience at Carrington Riding Centre.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be at least 16 years of age by 1 September 2014. You will ideally need five GCSEs at grade C (or above), including English and maths. Some discretion can be applied with applicants over 19 with relevant experience. Previous skills and knowledge in horse riding/management are not essential, but a passion for working horses is.
All applicants will require an interview.
Register your interest with Carrington Riding Centre, stating the course title and provide your personal details. We will get in touch to arrange an interview.
The course starts in September 2014.