A very special visitor attends this year’s British Riding Clubs Verdo Horse Bedding Dressage to Music Championships
- Susan Lanz winner; Pick A Test Championship, which included medium and, advanced medium level tests
- Amy Small winner; The Elementary Freestyle Test
- Debra Fews winner; The Senior Novice with Points Dressage to Music Championship
- Sarah Goddard and Sophie Albery winners; Mixed Pair Title
- Rachel Holland Winner; Senior Novice, Points Dressage to Music Championships
- Georgia Amer and Naomi Young winners; Junior Preliminary Dressage to Music
The music freestyle championships took place at Bury Farm Equestrian Village from 30 Sept to 2 October 2016. There were seven separate freestyle music championship classes for seniors, juniors and pair riders.
Some imaginative music scores and highly technical floor plans were demonstrated in classes ranging from Advanced Medium through to Preliminary dressage levels.
BRC were delighted to be able to welcome triple gold medallist Natasha Baker MBE, as a judge on Sunday 2 October. Verdo Horse Bedding sponsor Natasha and Michelle Griffiths, and Angela Curgenven were also on hand over the weekend to present prizes of to the winners.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed my day here at the British Riding Clubs Verdo Horse Bedding Dressage to Music Championships, watching all the music tests, which have been so well ridden and choreographed. I have even recognised music that I too have used for freestyle tests in the past. Special credit must go to the junior riders who have performed some extremely accomplished tests set to inspirational music.” Natasha Baker MBE.
The judges were keen to comment on the overall high standard of riding that was shown, with extreme attention to detail, they were also pleasantly surprised by the range of horse and pony breeds taking part, which in turn required some immensely entertaining music to reflect the character of the combinations.